Saturday, September 26, 2009

Borage Flowers



NOTE: CLICK ON THE PHOTOS FOR SOME SERIOUS DETAIL. BY SERIOUS, I MEAN LOOK AT THE DEFINITION OF THE FLOWERS. SICK, RIGHT?

I picked up these little beauties from Kathy Glahn today. It's so wonderful to be able to have a special relationship with your growers that you can suggest seriously specialty items to them and they grow them for you. She just always seems to find a way....awesome(see: huckleberries)


I draw a ton of inspiration from the French chef Michel Bras. I really admire how natural his food looks and how he draws inspiration from the land around him. Having the borage flowers at our disposal puts me one step closer to composing plates that 'pop' with not only flavor, but with a natural, refined look.

Questions....are they edible? Yes. Can you use them year round? We'll see. Where are they on the menu? Our 'green salad'. Yeah, it's not your 'usual' green salad.

No comments: